The Entrepreneur Immigration stream of the BC Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP) is a path to immigrate to Canada and settle in B.C. for experienced entrepreneurs who can support innovation and economic growth in the province. The Province recently launched the second round of the Regional Pilot which is designed for entrepreneurs who propose to establish and actively manage new businesses in regional communities in British Columbia such as the Columbia Valley.
Entrepreneurs with business ideas that match the following criteria are invited to apply:
Businesses that fit within the Columbia Valley Economic Development priority sectors:
- Management, scientific and technical consulting services
- Traveller accommodation
- Meat product manufacturing
- Vegetable and melon farming
You must also meet the following criteria:
- Have a personal net worth of at least CAD$300,000
- Make an eligible personal investment of at least CAD$100,000 in the business
- Create at least one new full-time job for a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Minimum 51% ownership
Steps to participating in the BC PNP Entrepreneur Regional Pilot
Step 1: Familiarize yourself with our community profile to ensure you are your business are a proper fit.
Step 2: Complete your BC PNP Application
With your application please include:
- Self-score from EI-Regional Pilot Registration
- Language test score certificate
- Business plan draft
Please Note: Only successful candidates moving forward in the application process with be contacted. Following the initial assessment entrepreneurs will be asked to propose their business to our nominee panel through Zoom. After which, successful applicants will be invited for an exploratory visit.